Monday 13 October 2014

TWO FLOOD IN ONE WEEK THANKS TO MR VONGFONG- PENAMPANG 4TH WORST FLOOD


I say fourth because my house situated in a low lying ground about the same level as Penampang Proper village, had seen 3 flood levels higher than this one on 7th October 2014.  However this is one flood that rose very suddenly, something like one foot in 5 minutes like a big wave have come thundering down from Babagon and Moyog.

It was just about one inch from my floor level where I got plenty of goods and musical amplifiers on the floor. I was wondering where I am going to place them when the water reached the peak. By that time I cannot see any more rain either at my house or upstream in the direction of Moyog.

That's why all the conspiracy theorist started pointing fingers at the Babagon gates, which of course does not exist.

Here are a few pics that I managed to take because at the peak of the flood I was already trapped inside my stilted wooden house.

Anyway the top 3 floods have names.

1.  Hilda, flood level went one metre plus above the floor of my house
2.  Greg, flood level about 0.3 m inside my house.
3.  Forgot the name,  flood level exactly level with the floor of my kitchen
4.  this one, vongfong.  I even hate their names.  what next? Laukong ?

 It was only beginning at Dambai to Nambazan road

 Flood started to rise at about 8 am

 making waves
 another wave
 
 Now its a splash
 
 Bigger waves
 
 Still trying to be hero
 
 Last attempt to reach Dambai bridge
 
 
Now vehicles are stuck at Dambai bridge
 
 Then water from neighbour who has his land reclaimed started to overflow
 
 And this guy still taking the risk
 
 How to cross home aaaah ?
 
 
Now this guy is in trouble.  Serve you right
 


No comments:

Post a Comment