Wednesday 6 August 2014

KAAMATAN AT BABAGON AND MADSIANG ON 7 JUNE 2014

Here we go again, another event that I kinda forgot to blog even though I had priceless photographs to share.

So here goes my reports and comments.

I was invited by the village chief Ephraim Sipodo Lojingon to attend their late Kaamatan at Madsiang. He is the elder brother of my classmate OKK Gundohing Bryan Matasing Lojingon who was appointed District Chief of the Native Court of Penampang earlier this year. In effect both of them informed me about their village event.

I arrive at the Balai Raya at 9 am only to discover that the celebration here will only start at noon because other villages are having their kaamatan too and the invited VIPs are officiating at the 3 other villages. So I drove to Babagon and was told at a small shop that Babagon village is just about to start their kaamatan so I drove down to the river side of this very beautiful river bank where they have a small community centre and supplemented with additional camp roofs. UPKO Penampang Chief Datuk Donald Mojuntin opened the celebration there and after sampling their magnificent traditional food, I then left for Madsiang, thus missing on their beauty queen contest and other events. However I did manage to get videos of the scenic river.

 Donald checking out the traditional food, all them yummy and I would give 100 percent marks each but I only ate those fish and vegetable dishes.

 Donald checking out the handicrafts on display

 Donald testing the Bamboo Top toy.  He was very good at it, after all he too grew up as kampong kid.

One for the photo album with the scenic Babagon river behind

In fact I even manage to try singing with the Babagon Band but I am not going to show you that silly attempt, instead show you the beautiful Babagon river instead.




Afterward I drove back to Madsiang just before noon and stayed there until the event was completed at about 9 pm.  Hmmm, I was even appointed one of the judges for the traditional food and arak ( rice liquor) competition.
Again I enjoyed the food so much, all free for me !!

 The VIP table with District Officer William Sampil who opened the celebration at Madsiang. Thumbs up from Terence and Bryan

 This is my Priceless Pic with Opposition YB Terence Siambun with the happiest smile my lenses ever captured. This was published to at the Bahasa Section of Daily Express.

 A beauty from Madsiang

 Cute kid queens

 KK Ephraim presenting the trophies to the kid queen

 District Chief Bryan presenting trophies to the teenage queen




Highlight of the day as usual.  Hmm now when can I marry one of these !!

No comments:

Post a Comment