Friday 4 July 2014

FAREWELL, DATUK PETER PRAGAS - FIRST MUSIC DIRECTOR OF RADIO SABAH

He was not a Sabahan but in his final days, he even deserved to be a native of Sabah having inspired lots of Kadazans to be musicians and singers.

To his children and grandchildren, he may gone but will never be forgotten as his works, music and contributions to Sabah lives on.

Thats about all I can say since hundreds of others have already written blogs about his life and contributions and a "datukship" well deserved.

 FINAL BLESSING
 
 
 BRO CHARLES COMFORTS SON ADRIAN ( CIVIL ENGINEER)
 
 
 SANDRA, ADRIAN & FAMILY MEMBERS
 
 
THE LAST FLOWER
3rd June 2014
 
 
 
And this is my tribute to the late Datuk
 


2 comments:

  1. Apragas@gmail.com2 August 2014 at 12:17

    Dear Ozziewozzie2007,
    I googled my Papa, and spotted this link. Let me be the first to congratulate you for this wonderful blog as you promised would happen. When you showed up, it was pure delight in seeing you again and what more you had a camera with you too - wanted a photographer and there you were. Just brilliant. Thank you also for your tribute song to my Papa. To this day I continue to be impressed by your musical talent. You are indeed a shinning star. Thanks again ozziewozzie2007 for these priceless photos, music and blog. I remain your friend always, Ade 2/8/14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Adrian

      The pleasure of writing was mine, though I felt sad never had the chance to see you papa play the piano live.
      However, my late band leader started to learn the guitar as an assistant musician to your late dad way back in the days of Radio Sabah, (not RTM as it was then)
      This band leader, also my first cousin then taught me how to play the Uke.

      I heard lots of your pop's music on radio and though I never had the chance to play with him in person, but then I can only hope he will live on through his descendants.

      So when you are retired like me in future, just bring along your fold-able and rollable piano keyboard and lets have a keyboard - ukulele challenge eh ??

      Delete